Rules for School Discipline and Excellence
Discipline is an integral part of the learning process. Every student should be taught to understand his emotions and impulses with an objective of developing self-control. He should give prime importance in keeping the morals high by following school rules and codes of conduct. A disciplined person can live in harmony with others, respect the tradition of his family, keep the laws of his country and obey the commandments of God.
Special care must be taken by both teachers and students to maintain an ambience of silence and serious work during class hours. Everyone should coordinate themselves to maintain cleanliness. Clean class rooms, corridors and the compound reflect the tone of the school. A standard of excellence is what we should attempt to maintain.
Rules Inside the Classroom
* All of the students are supposed to make themselves acquainted with rules and regulations advised for their proper conduct. Ignorance of the rules cannot be stated as an excuse.
* As soon as the first bell rings, all of the students should assemble in the school ground in order and in silence. The same should be followed when they proceed to the classes after the assembly.
* When the teacher enters the class room, the students shall get up and greet him/her. They may remain in the position unless they are asked to sit or the teacher takes his/her seat. Also they shall get up and thank the teacher when the class is over.
* They shall remain silent and engage with some lessons till the teacher for the next period comes to the class. You are not supposed to walk around and disturb other nearby classes during free periods.
* Punctual and regular attendance will be insisted upon. Latecomers without written explanation from the parents/ guardian will not be admitted in the class.
* You should not leave the class room during any period without prior permission from the teacher.
* When leaving the class rooms for library, lab sessions or physical education class, you should move with pin drop silence. You may move in double line keeping always to the left side. Change of class between periods should be done in silence and in order.
* Irregular attendance, habitual idleness, disobedience or defiance of authority and conduct harmful to the moral tone of the school are adequate reasons for the dismissal of a student.
* No pupil shall enter any class room other than his/her without permission. Also you may change the allotted place in the class room only with the permission of the class teacher.
* All of you are advised to speak English in the school premises in order to improve your communication skills.
* You are not supposed to bring books or periodicals which are not approved by the school authorities into the school premises.
* Importantly, none of you are allowed to leave the school premises without the permission of the principal unless the class hours are over.
* The name of the child should be written on all belongings which are brought to school such as books, stationery, lunch boxes, water bottles, umbrellas etc. They are not allowed to wear gold ornaments in school. The owner is responsible for the safe keeping of their belongings.
* Children who do not attend the school for more than two months will not be promoted to the next class.
* Writing or scribbling on the walls and desks, throwing paper or ink in or around class room or any other similar actions causing damage to the school premises are not allowed. Damage done should be compensated for, at the discretion of the principal.
Rules Outside the Classroom
* Running, playing or shouting inside the school building is not allowed. Students should keep silence when passing through the corridors during class hours.
* Students are responsible for their behaviours both in and outside the school. Hence misbehaviour both in public streets and conveyances are adequate reasons for the school authority to dismiss the students.
* No cycling is permitted in the school ground. They should leave their cycles in the parking space allowed.
* For games and other activities, the high school students may be required to stay back on certain days in the school up to 4.30 p.m. Parents/guardians are responsible for the safety of children after school time.
* Students are not allowed to use the following items in the school campus
– Mobile Phone
– DVD/CD, MP3players
– Motor Vehicles